Game of 06/29/2020
We continue to play trivia each week online - no prizes, just pride. Here are the results from this week's game.
And here are the questions from this week's game:
Round 1 - Grab Bag
- What common product is specifically described as “curiously strong” on its iconic packaging?
- What is the only state with a postal abbreviation consisting of two vowels?
- Boy band One Direction was formed and then finished 3rd during the seventh season of what TV show?
- What is the name of the yellow bird in Peanuts?
- What does a pulmonologist specialize in?
- What is the “Thomas A. Swift Electronic Rifle” better known as?
- What is someone with acrophobia afraid of?
- What is Fred Flintstone’s nickname at the bowling alley?
- Who is the host of the Fox reality show Labor of Love (about a woman on the hunt for a man with whom to father a child)?
- What is the name of the horse that won the Belmont Stakes last weekend?
Round 2 - The Music Man
Name each song.
Name each song.
Round 3 - Picture Round
Identify the famous chefs or Food Network personalities.
Round 4 - Canada Day & Independence Day
- What is the current national anthem of Canada?
- Who wrote the lyrics to The Star-Spangled Banner?
- What is the national capital of Canada?
- Considered to be the opening shot of the American Revolutionary War, where did “the shot heard round the world” occur?
- What children’s musician had hits with “Baby Beluga” and “Bananaphone”?
- “America (My Country, ‘Tis of Thee)” uses the same melody as the national anthem of what country?
- Canada has two official national sports: ice hockey, and what other sport?
- Which of the five Great Lakes is contained entirely within the US and does not form a water boundary with Canada?
- Because of the loon on its reverse, the Canadian $1 coin is nicknamed the “loonie”. What is the nickname of Canada’s $2 coin?
- On the reverse of the US seal is a pyramid and inscribed at its base is the date 1776…in Roman numerals. How do you write 1776 in Roman numerals?