Game of 07/13/2020
We continue to play trivia each week online - no prizes, just pride. Here are the results from this week's game.
And here are the questions from this week's game:
Round 1 - 🐔
- What type of pants are these men wearing?
- What is the flagship beer of Spoetzl Brewery in Texas?
- Which sports brand takes its name from a type of South African antelope?
- What author wrote “Lolita”?
- What food translates from Cantonese as “white vegetable”?
- On Silicon Valley, what arrogant entrepreneur character was played by TJ Miller?
- Stephen King sometimes publishes books under what pen name?
- What German Baroque composer is known for instrumental works such as the Brandenberg Concertos and the Goldberg Variations?
- Before the addition of C.F. Turner, what Canadian rock band went by the name “Brave Belt”?
- The Enola Gay dropped the first atomic bomb on Hiroshima? What was the name of the plane that dropped the bomb on Nagasaki?
- (BONUS) What is my middle name?
Round 2 - 2010s Movie Quotes
Name each movie.
Name each movie.
Round 3 - Netflix Original Series
Round 4 - Ctrl + “Alt” + “Del”
- The HBO crime drama TV series, The Wire, is set in what US city?
- What Greek island is said to be the birthplace of Apollo? (Hint: It’s also the umbrella corporation in Michael Crichton’s feature directorial debut in 1973)
- In the James Bond films, what make is 007’s primary agency-issue weapon?
- What Baroque composer created such works as Water Music, Music for the Royal Fireworks, and Messiah?
- Who was Jimmy Carter’s Vice President and then also the 1984 Democratic nominee for President?
- Found on the ribbon across the organization’s seal, what is the 3-word motto of the FBI?
- Whose autobiography is titled Long Walk to Freedom?
- The Bethany Beach firefly is a species endemic to what state?
- The Chapel of St. Kinga in Wieliczka, Poland is sculpted entirely out of what compound that is formed when an acid mixes with a base?
- Which two men were nominated only twice for Best Supporting Actor and have won both times they were nominated? (i.e. perfect record, 2-for-2)