Game of 09/28/2020
We continue to play trivia each week online - no prizes, just pride. Here are the results from this week's game.
Round 1 - Grab Bag
- Minsk is the capital and largest city of what country?
- What relative unit of measurement used for sound and other applications is named for the inventor of the telephone?
- This past week, Disney announced the casting of Yara Shahidi as the first Black actor to portray what role?
- What part of the lower hind brain assists with motor control and comes from the Latin for “little brain”?
- What disease (preventable with the MMR vaccine) is also known as German measles or three-day measles?
- In Pitch Perfect, what is the name of the all-female a cappella group that Beca joins?
- What literature professor’s famous work “The Hero with a Thousand Faces” lays out his theory of the archetypal hero’s journey or monomyth?
- On Netflix’s GLOW, Betty Gilpin portrays what patriotic wrestling character that is a foil to Alison Brie’s “Zoya the Destroya”?
- What is the title of this opening track off AC/DC’s 1980 Back in Black album?
- The field of campanology involves the study of what?
Audio for #9:
Round 2 - Bells
- In the film It’s a Wonderful Life, what does a ringing bell signify?
- Who wrote the book “The Bell Jar”?
- What 1997 film originally titled “La vita è bella” won 3 of the 7 Academy Awards for which it was nominated?
- What was the name of the king married to Isabella I of Spain?
- In Greek mythology, which creature did Bellerophon tame?
- Symptoms of Bell’s palsy include weakness of the muscles or numbness in what area of the body?
- What famous book begins with the line “It is 348 years, six months and nineteen days ago today that the citizens of Paris were awakened by the pealing of all the bells in the triple precincts of the City, the University and the Town.” ?
- What family of North American birds include species with names such as Lewis's Red Bellied, Ladder-Backed & Nuttall's?
- On Saved By the Bell, what was the name of the beach club that the gang worked at during Season 3?
- What two last names appear on the Liberty Bell as a signature of the local workmen who recast the bell in 1753?
Round 3 - Emoji Codes
Round 4 - Grab Bag
- What is the name of the green dinosaur in the Mario games?
- Which state is “The Beehive State”?
- Which two schools compete in the Iron Bowl?
- What math term describes a line that approaches a curve but never meets it at any finite distance?
- Inscribed on a plaque in the Statue of Liberty is a famous poem written by whom?
- Who painted the 1964 painting “The Problem We All Live With”?
- What six-year-old African American girl is depicted in this painting?
- What country recently announced it will drop Queen Elizabeth II as its head of state and become a republic by next year?
- Iowa Republican Senator Chuck Grassley currently holds what title in the Senate?
- What is the name of the fast food corporation that operates Taco Bell, KFC, Pizza Hut, and The Habit Burger Grill?